Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Please . . .don't waste my time

While trying to analyze a bureaucratic problem at work, today, it occurred to me the process in place was wasting my time, even if I was working, and technically, it was the company's time. What the process was asking of me had no purpose. At one time, perhaps, it did, but no longer, yet the process was still in place. After deciding, no, I was not going to participate in a purposeless process, it occurred to me how, as a non-believer in afterlife, I should place a very high value on my time because, let's face it, when you're out of time, there are no do-overs. Definitely don't participate in purposeless activities, unless they bring some sort of pleasure to someone. And definitely, do not become part of a mindless process at work or on my own time! Be it resolved.

Now I am examining the idea of continuing at this job at all.

No comments: